Litigation + Alternative Dispute Resolution
Starting with an initial consultation, we take a strategic approach to your litigation needs, whether it be simple debt recoveries or large and complex court proceedings.
Canny Legal will provide you with careful analysis of the facts and attention to detail, always with a view to maximise a case advantage whilst keeping costs to a minimum. Our expert team have significant experience in working in the court process and advice our clients from a commercial, practical and viable perspective of the legal proceedings.
Successful litigation combines tenacity with experience and devotion to your dispute. We have developed a reputation for delivering exceptional outcomes for our clients, and when necessary will collaborate with talented barristers to provide the best outcome for you.
Your understanding and awareness of all key issues and dates in the matter is vital, and we strive to provide regular and meaningful communication throughout what is often a stressful process.
Our team is experienced in all jurisdictions of Victoria, including;
- The Magistrates Court and
- The Supreme Court
We can provide the following services, tailored to your individual needs;
- DEBT RECOVERIES including:
- Enforcement of judgements through bankruptcy and liquidation
- Acting for insolvency practitioners in reference claims under the Corporations legislation
- Providing advice in respect to the PPSR legislation
- VCAT DISPUTES including:
- Small claims
- Retail and commercial leasing disputes
- Consumer law
- Building disputes
- Property disputes
- ELDER LAW DISPUTES including:
- Deceased Estate + Will Disputes
- Guardianship + Administration Applications
- SUPREME COURT LITIGATION including:
- Shareholder disputes
- Contract + property disputes
- Claims in tort
- BUILDING APPEALS TRIBRUNAL
- PERSONAL INJURY + TAX