When it comes to the NDIS and getting started it can be a little overwhelming to say the least. When it comes to managing those funds in your NDIS plan, there is no ‘right’ way. But you will need to think about the options available to you. As well as how they fit with your lifestyle and situation to help you reach and achieve your goals. Canny Plan Management will be with you every step of the way to help to manage your NDIS plan.
Every NDIS plan has a budget with funding to purchase supports to help you achieve your goals. Whether it’s your first NDIS plan or you’ve been doing it for a while – the NDIS is always changing.
There are three options to manage your NDIS funding –
You can also choose a combination of the three options. For example, you may choose to self-manage one part of your plan to start with and have the rest managed by a Plan Manager like Canny Plan Management.
Working together with a professional Plan Management registered NDIS Provider, like Canny Plan Management, gives you the increased choice and control of your plan without the hassle of managing the financial paperwork.
There are some great benefits from us a Plan Manger, for example:
- Allowing you to choose supports from registered and non-registered providers such as a gardener, cleaner or organisations and therapists who have chosen not to register
- Not having to use the NDIS Portal (Proda/MyPlace Portal) or talk to the NDIS call centre – which can be confusing and often time consuming for some people
- Knowing that you have a trusting team of people to turn to when needing help to navigate the NDIS and to ensure you get the most out of your plan
- You don’t have to pay for plan management from your core budgets. Plan Management is funded separately in your plan and it is not subject to the reasonable and necessary test
Canny Plan Management strive to take Plan Management to the next level. Ensuring that it is always participant focused, we can offer trustworthy, honest, and open communication at all times. We have been helping people reach and achieve their financial goals for 60 years and plan on helping each participant also reach theirs.
Self-management is when you manage your NDIS funding:
- Flexibility and choice to decide what supports you buy to meet your plan goals
- The NDIA provides you with funding so you can access the supports that will best help you achieve your goals
The NDIA pays your providers on your behalf and it’s sometimes referred to as Agency-managed:
- You will only be able to choose from NDIS registered providers who will claim their payments directly from your funding
- You cannot pay more than the NDIA set price limits when being NDIA-Managed
HOW CANNY PLAN MANAGEMENT CAN HELP YOU
No matter how you decide if you would like help to manage your NDIS Plan and how they are managed – you still have choice and control. This is to ensure that the services are working for you and fit in to your budget. Even if your funding is managed by the NDIS or a Plan Manager, it is recommended that you should regularly check the myplace portal and your funding to make sure your budgets are on track.
However, Canny Plan Management give access to a separate dashboard specially designed for each individual participant, their plan, their goals. This separate portal dashboard allows you to see where your plan is sitting in real time! It gives access to the participants, plan nominees, support co-ordinators to see the money that has been allocated to each budget, where the money is sitting, approve invoices, send direct messages, and the invoices that are linked to your plan.
Get in touch with our team to see how we can help you!