COVIDSafe Outdoor Activation Voucher Program l Canny Group
The COVIDSafe Outdoor Activation Voucher Program will support businesses to reopen in a COVIDSafe manner by moving activities outdoors.
The Victorian Government’s $14.5 million COVIDSafe Outdoor Activation Voucher Program will provide more than 7,000 Victorian businesses, community organisations, not-for-profits and trader associations with vouchers for $2,000 to support initiatives such as outdoor hospitality and entertainment.
The COVIDSafe Outdoor Activation Voucher Program will assist businesses across the state to move business activities outdoors by supporting their investment in equipment, permits and other tools needed to offer safe retail, personal services (e.g. hairdressing), recreation and dining options for the Victorian public during the remainder of 2021 and beyond!
Who Can Apply For A Voucher?
Eligible entities must be one or more of the following:
- A business operating in an eligible industry sector identified in the list of eligible ANZSIC classes (as identified by the ANZSIC class linked to the business’ ABN)
- A Victorian trader association that works on behalf of the Victorian businesses only, and has the eligible ANZSIC class registration for number 9551 (Business and Professional Association Services) linked to their ABN or is a trade association that has received a grant under the ‘Business Chambers and Traders Group Program)
- A charity or not-for-profit organisation registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission (ACNC)
Additionally, the entity must:
- Operate in Victoria, except in the City of Melbourne Local Government Area
- Have a plan to move their business activities outdoors
- Have an active ABN and be registered for GST on and from 15 October 2021
- Be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator
- Hae an annual Victoria payroll under $3 million
- Not have received support from the Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package Program in 2020
Please refer to the program guidelines for more information on eligibility.
How Much Are The Vouchers Worth?
A voucher is worth $2,000. In order to claim a voucher, you must have identified eligible expenditures of at least $2,000 and a workable plan to safely conduct indoor activities outside.
What Are The Eligible Expenses That Vouchers Can Be Used For?
You can use the vouchers for equipment, services or supplies needed to operate your business outdoors. Please refer to the program guidelines for more information on eligible expenses.
How Do I Apply?
The program opens at 11am on Wednesday 27th October 2021 and will remain open until the program application quota is filled.
Check your details on the Australian Business Register website are correct prior to submitting an application. Your ABN information held at the Australian Business Register (ABR) will be used to assess eligibility, so applicants must make sure that this information is current and accurate.
To complete your application, you will need:
- Address for the business using the voucher
- Drivers licence, learner permit, seniors’ card or proof of age card
- Mobile phone number and email address
Complete all questions in the application form and submit it, so we can assess your application as quickly as possible.
You must declare that your business meets all eligibility criteria.
Successful applicants must provide proof that the voucher payment has been spent on eligible items within three months of receipt of the voucher.
If you fail to produce the proof within three months, or if any information in your application is false or misleading, you may be asked to repay the voucher.
Please read all the information below and the program guidelines before applying.
Eligible ANZSIC Classes
Fresh Food + Groceries
Recreational Good Retailing
Clothing, Footwear + Personal Accessory Retailing
Pharmaceutical + Other Store-Based Retailing
Food + Beverage
Health + Fitness
Residential Care Services
Arts + Entertainment
Civic, Professional + Other Interest Group Services
For further assistance please call the Business Victoria Hotline on 13 22 15 or get in touch with our team and we will assist in any way that we can.